[MUD-Dev] memory and speed

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Fri Jun 11 10:43:21 CEST 1999

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Matthew Mihaly wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, J C Lawrence wrote:
> > What kernel rev are you running?
>
> 2.2.1

Upgrade.  <= 2.2.3 had a couple of networking problems which may be
limiting for you.  I've been using 2.2.5 (comes with RH 6 and Caldera 2.2)
for a while without difficulty, although there's that ICMP attack they
discovered.  Maybe go for 2.2.10 when it comes out.

Still, none of this should affect your memory.

> When I did TOP, it found all 384 megs.

Sounds like it's working, then.

> > What version of libc/glibc?
>
> I don't even know what these are, sadly.

ls -l /lib/libc*

If you see "libc.so.6", you've got glibc2 (aka libc version 6).
If you see "libc.so.5", you've got libc5.

Adam W.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu