[MUD-Dev] memory and speed

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Fri Jun 11 13:33:12 CEST 1999

First, thanks to everyone trying to help me with this problem. Second, a
summary:

We use an amd k6 400 mhz processor running linux kernel 2.2.1. In response
to JC's question about libc, we seem to have 2.0.7.so (hopefully that's
the information you're after). We had 128 megs of Ram, and upgraded to
384, which massively slowed things down on Achaea. We removed the extra
RAM, and the problem resolved itself. We then went up to 256 megs, and the
same problem still existed. If it matters at all, I'm told that in BIOS,
memory management is set to automatic or some such thing (I don't have
access to the physical machine, as it's 3000 miles away from me). We have
512k of Level 2 cache.

This is incredibly frustrating and disheartening (god I hate technology
sometimes), and I DO really appreciate the help the list members are
extending to me in this matter.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu