[MUD-Dev] i got's a question for yall on the best way to do something..

Marc Hernandez marc at ias.jb.com
Thu Jun 17 11:03:15 CEST 1999

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 PartyG2816 at aol.com wrote:

> Ok, any of yall familiar with the ROM code base? Tis a text based mud. Well,

	Not really but that is ok.

> they handle character creation via this big, ugly, confusing state machine..
> Hard as hell to find stuff in, and just a bitch to look at.   Well, I've
> finally got around to starting my own mud in C++, tired of modifying ROM's
<stuff about character creation snipped>

	But I do know what a big confusing state machine is.  I have a
seperate thread that runs through it. Course I do not have full cc yet but
the principles are the same.  If you are stuck single threaded for some
reason, you could write a little macro language that took a desired
character creation system and created the fsa out of it.  Then the mud
would basically just run the fsa.
	Writing languages to solve problems is always fun.

Marc Hernandez
Test. Test. Hey is this thing on?

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu