[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Greg Munt greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk
Thu May 6 11:05:28 CEST 1999

> [Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad]
>
> Hmm...
> I think I'm ditching my design starting from (almost) scratch again :-)
This
> must be the third or fourth time or so.  The worst thing is, I'm gettin=
> back to where I was *4* years ago regarding what I want to do now.  The
> basic reason for this is that I realize that I want to make it accessib=
le
> handicapped people, to blind people and others who cannot easily use ma=
ny
of
> the newer inherently graphical systems.  Which pretty much rules out th=
> hardcore simulationist approach which I have been following so far.  So=
,
I'm
> basically back at the scratchpad (well, I always liked design better th=
an
> implementation :*).  Maybe I'll come up with something that will take l=
ess
> than 3-5 man years to design and implement this time!! Hahaha... I have=
n't
> been very good at that so far. :-X

Questions:

1. What earth-shattering event made you abandon 4 years of work, to suppo=
rt
a minority audience?
Don't get me wrong, it's commendable - BUT FOUR YEARS WORK? Are your brai=
ns
leaking out of your ears again? :-)

2. How are you proposing to support handicapped people, specifically the
blind?

> A mud-dev custom status quo, sort of.  Please share!

A mud-dev status quo is an oxymoron, surely? Unless we are the same, by
being different. BTW, I remember this list being more active when it was
invitation-only. I remember getting 20-30 messages a day. Has my brain go=
ne
cuckoo, is everyone just busy, or have posters left - to be replaced by
lurkers?

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu