[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Sat May 8 13:10:10 CEST 1999

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

> On 6 May 99,, Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
> > "Jon A. Lambert" wrote:
>=20
> What I am trying to say is these precautions are totally unnecessary. =20
> In fact someone who creates a MUD based exactly on the AD&D system can=20
> shout to the rooftops that they had the Dungeon Masters Guide in their=20
> left hand while they did it.
>=20

I'd be awfully cautious about this. Business systems are now patentable
(Priceline.com, for instance, has applied for about 20 patents for its
reverse-auction procedures, and gotten at least 2 that I know of), and I
see no reason why the same logic couldn't be applied in the future to a
game system.

--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu