[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad <no@no.no> Ola Fosheim Grøstad <no@no.no>
Tue May 11 13:06:36 CEST 1999

Adam Wiggins wrote:

[interesting story]

> Long story short, I think is, that if you make your mud a traditional
> text-based/telnet accessable one, someone with the same equipment that guy
> had should be able to play it.

Only to blind geeks/hackers which take pride in overcoming obstacles? Most
textmuds aren't really accessable to the average Internet user even. It
would be nice with a system which scales broadly. As in: it is usable and
great fun even with minimal setup and skills, but if you have more skill or
advanced equipment you will get the extra goodies. Another option is to give
handicapped users with severe limitations special features which makes the
interaction easier. For instance users with motoric problems could be given
teleport spells etc.

I'd like to see MUDs that are inviting, not just possible to use. ;)
--
Ola

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu