[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

J C Lawrence claw at varesearch.com
Tue May 11 16:07:35 CEST 1999

On Thu, 06 May 1999 20:09:59 +0200
olag  <Ola> wrote:

> Greg Munt wrote:

>> BTW, I remember this list being more active when it was
>> invitation-only. I remember getting 20-30 messages a day. Has my
>> brain gone cuckoo, is everyone just busy, or have posters left -
>> to be replaced by lurkers?

The current slow turn-around for list postings has helped reduce
traffic.  Faster turn-arounds encourage more active response by
those of us who watch our mail spools (who also tend to be among the
more voluble).  My absence hasn't helped either.

Atrophy.

> I guess the most spammy subjects have been tried and tested
> already, and JC is not as active in keeping the ball
> rolling.

Ahh, yes, quite.

> Somebody has to throw in a new ball to play with when the old one
> is leaving the field... (I suspect that he used to keep a list of
> balls to throw in on the arena or something?)

Certainly -- they're called the MUD-Dev archives.  Very simply all I
did was wander back thru old posts and dig up things I thought could
stand more examination.  I also tried to frequently cross-associate
threads and ideas to reduce stratification.

J C Lawrence                                   Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                Linux/IA64 - Work: claw at varesearch.com
 ... Beware of cromagnons wearing chewing gum and palm pilots ...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu