[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

claw at kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Thu May 13 00:28:04 CEST 1999

On Wed, 12 May 1999 02:24:02 -0700
Caliban Tiresias Darklock <caliban at darklock.com> wrote:

> On 04:07 PM 5/11/99 -0700, I personally witnessed J C Lawrence
> jumping up to say:

>>  The current slow turn-around for list postings has helped reduce
>> traffic.

> It's also, in my case at least, created something of a sense of
> futility.  What's the sense of a mailing list that works at the
> same rate as the postal service? ;)

Writing as list owner:

  The OC3 at VA Research (as versus the 100bT we had plugeed into
Via.Net's switch at the old site) is supposed to be alive as I type.
If so, and if we get the route set up in time, Kanga.Nu will go colo
this weekend under VA's community service and will gain some fairly
serious connectivity.  List turn-around time will no longer be a
concern, then.

  <pray>

  The T1 here at the house is seriously screwed.  Between the RBOC
and the CLEC and all the pointing fingers I'm still DOA.  Not fun.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu