[MUD-Dev] Planes of existance

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sat May 15 18:46:37 CEST 1999

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> The player himself is the character. Ostensibly, he is also the captain of
> a spaceborne warship. This warship is controlled remotely by computer. (I'm
> so inordinately pleased at how appropriate this is with respect to
> suspension of disbelief -- unlike your average game where you're supposed
> to be physically there, your in-game situation in my system is identical to
> your RL situation: you're sitting at an obsolete terminal, using an
> inadequate command set!)

Ever read Ender's Game? :)

I really like this a lot!  I've been kicking around ideas for something
like this, but I keep getting distracted :)  I was thinking of a fully
graphical system with full range of motion (as well as textual communications
of course).  Would be a lot of work to code though....

I'll be interested to hear how this project turns out...

Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu