[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 21 20:47:13 CEST 1999

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> On 05:29 PM 5/13/99 +0100, I personally witnessed Ling jumping up to say:
> >
> >Gosh, what am I doing listed amongst JC, Caliban and Yospe?!?!
>
> AGH! What am I doing in the middle of that?! Those people are PHYSICISTS!
> Run away! Run away! ;)

I thought Mr Lawrence was a mathematician with slight leanings in odd
directions?  Anyway, before I get walloped...

> >The way I see it, I don't want to waste time working
> >on the low-level tasks like multiplexing sockets.  I wanna work on the
> >game, not the application!

[snip]

> And like Ling says, I don't want to write network code! I want to write a
> GAME! ;)

Having admitted that, I've spent the last two/three years doing various
bits of mudlib work, not going remotely near game stuff.  Apparently,
because of this, I'm a highly desirable coder.  News to me.

At the moment, I'm quite amused with DGD.  So much so that I think I have
a mudlib that's just below acceptable, assuming the equivalent of
foundation is acceptable.  If anyone wants a copy, drop me a _private_
email.  I've had two happy shoppers (I think).

_O_O_  kllo at iee.org

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu