[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Cynbe ru Taren cynbe at muq.org
Sun May 30 23:00:51 CEST 1999

Um, could we avoid re-inventing the last 50 years worth of research on
natural language understanding here?

If this topic is worth extensive list bandwidth, it is worth pulling
in some of the pre-existing code and research: Someone scan
http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers/Software/Natural_Language_Processing
and report back on mud applicability, and someone else check out the
latest academic book on natural language processing and do the same,
say.  (I haven't looked at this since about Roger Shank's "The
Cognitive Computer".)

But let's not do a  blow-by-blow re-enactment of the worst of 50s
artificial intelligence here, please.

 Cynbe

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu