[MUD-Dev] players who "take away from the game"

Ronan Farrell rfarrell at sslinc.com
Sat Nov 13 12:27:36 CET 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Quzah wrote:

> I killed him god only knows how many times in a row. He couldn't
> stand and go down fast enough, so I just kept smacking him.
>
> What you consider an exploit, the "gods" were none to happy
> about. They ruined a perfectly good mage :( Bastards!
>
> Quzah.

Quzah, exploiting the system is one thing, but what you did was, imho,
wrong.  I believe that there should be some protection against abuses in
a system.  What you did was find a loophole and you abused it.  I see
no valid reason why a game should allow someone to kill someone else
hundreds of times, killing them back to level-1.  You exploiting the
fact that someone repops sitting down and with low hps...

May I ask with your esteemed knowledge how come you didn't report this
loophole to the imms... the imms cannot know everything, that's why
players are meant to report things.

If I were in charge, I would change the repop room to being anti-magic
and definitely safe... I don't know if I'd delete your char, that would
depend on other things, but I would sure as hell would either prevent ever
re-occuring or secondly ensure that you got caught in the exploit
yourself.

Ronan

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu