[MUD-Dev] code base inquiry

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Tue Nov 16 14:50:57 CET 1999

On 15.11.99 at 16:48 Ilya, Game Commandos wrote:

>I plan to strongly espouse that the hobbyist community dump all of the=
 restricted
>code bases (the DIKU line, nearly all the LPC line, and just about=
 everybody else >actually!)

I'd love to remove the "no monetary gain" clause from lpmud, however, most=
 of the
contributors of former years have vanished off the net and can't be asked=
 if they
changed their minds, so I'd have to rewrite their parts from scratch.

Otoh (and because other mails mentioned this), in the LPC world it is=
 acceptable
to ask for voluntary donations for the game, given that donators do not get
preferred treatment, and that the donations are used for the upkeep of the=
 game
only.

Similar, inclusion of the driver in software collections is usually ok as=
 long as
this has no effect on the price of the collection.

Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com
Note: Currently I can check my mail only occasionally.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu