Player statistics calculation (Was: Re: [MUD-Dev] code base inquiry)

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Thu Nov 18 14:35:59 CET 1999

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, David Bennett wrote:
> Discworld collects these statistics too, we post them up on our web page:
> http://discworld.imaginary.com:5678/stats.html

Very nice looking charts.

I notice that Discworld seems to experience very steady player levels:
your peak-to-trough on a daily basis seems to be 100 to 130, which is
a pretty small range.  Do you attribute this to having an even distribution
of players around the world (and thus the californias are logging on just
as the europeans are logging off?) or do you simply have players that play 20
hours a day? :)

Adam W.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu