[MUD-Dev] Depth of realism

Travis S. Casey efindel at io.com
Mon Nov 22 11:33:20 CET 1999

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, J C Lawrence wrote:

> > Which got me to thinking, can a MUD really handle a battle on the
> > scale of two armies?
>
> There are a couple of simple player characteristics that intervene
> here:
>
>   -- Everybody wants to be the hero.  Nobody wants to be an foot
> soldier.

Actually, I do like to play a foot soldier sometimes -- but then, I'm
strange.  :-)

(Honestly, after 20 years of RPGing, sometimes I find it's more fun to
play the "little guy" than the hero.  That's one reason why I like
GMing more than playing -- the GM gets to play all the "little people.")

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu