[MUD-Dev] Affect of personalizing cannon fodder mobs

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Thu Oct 14 13:37:36 CEST 1999

> Lazarus wrote:
> >
> > I think I need to start off with some background perspective for this
> > question.  This question is posed in the context of a hack and slash mud
> > where mobs repopulate every 'tick'.  Players achieve advancement in this
> > mud by killing large numbers of these 'mobs'.  I realize that many members
> > of this forum find such limitless supply of mobs unrealistic but this does
> > form the background of this question.

I think it becomes interesting when you generate a personality. It
doesn't have to be anything complicated, but maybe guard #1 is a
belligerent thug, while guard #2 that replaces him is a shaking coward.
Maybe guard #1 is a swordsman, while guard #2 prefers his two-handed
axe. Things can get interesting with just a little random
generation/selection of personalities, chat messages, and equipment.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu