[MUD-Dev] Patent problems

Richard Bartle 76703.3042 at compuserve.com
Sun Oct 17 05:13:17 CEST 1999

to:>INTERNET:mud-dev at kanga.nu
Joe Andrieu <joe at andrieu.net> writes:

 >However, there were online games by that time.  By my recollection, the
 >first multi-user implementation of Adventure was in 1979, I think.
        You do have evidence for this, of course? Listings, log files etc.?
One line in a December 1980 issue of Byte doesn't really give much detail.

 >Of course, that may not clear all the claims based on Sitrick's patent.
        Sitrick's patents has many "embodiments". You might, with work, be
able to unpick one thread from its great tapestry, but that still leaves all
the rest.

                Richard

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu