[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Sep 8 14:30:48 CEST 1999

On 11:43 AM 9/8/1999 -0700, I personally witnessed Sellers, Michael jumping
up to say:

>It might be interesting to see what proportion of PKing remained in a game
>where the players had a clear knowledge that they needed other PCs (and not
>just those in their party or guild right now), and where harming the other
>PCs did not represent the easiest path to achieving their goals.

I've been working from the standpoint of PKing present minimal potential
benefit, but an extremely high degree of risk. In other words, any given PK
is basically a way to flush a lot of your resources down the toilet with a
significant risk of being sucked in after it. Whether this will "work"
(make PK undesirable without adding blatantly artificial game constructs or
just outright policies to prevent it) remains to be seen. I intend to make
it far more lucrative to *steal* from players than to kill them...

-----

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu