[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Dundee SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Thu Sep 9 19:55:08 CEST 1999

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:31:25 -0400, Travis Casey <efindel at io.com> wrote:

> It is possible to do player-vs-player scenarios in table-top RPGs; I've
> run them before.  There are published adventures built around p-v-p
> play.  There are also groups which follow the practice of having an
> Adversary -- that is, a person separate from the Game Master who plays
> the opposition.

I think it's important to draw a distinction between consentual PvP and
non-consentual PvP (what I'd classify as "PKing").

PKing doesn't exist outside of MUD'dom.  If you get PK'd in the ol' =
weekly
tabletop D&D game, then someone doesn't come back next week - either the =
PK
or you.

And even that hasn't happened since about 9th grade, has it?

Gee, why *are* PK's stereotyped as immature?  I wonder....

--=20
http://dundee.uong.com/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu