[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 9 22:46:34 CEST 1999

From: Travis Casey <efindel at io.com>

>On Thursday, September 09, 1999, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>
>>>I am a bit perplexed by all this discussion as to why people p-kill. I'm
>>>also annoyed by the characterization of p-killers as immature kids, etc.
>
>> I agree.  Note by accepting this premise, further discussion of the topic
>> can only be conducted by the immature.   Your annoyance is justified.
>
>How do you conclude that?  There's nothing that prevents people who
>aren't p-killers from discussing p-killing.

By inference proponents of non-consensual PvP in a discussion are
also likely to be immature, exhibiting inferior emotional development,
or, as has even been suggested on past threads, sociopathic.

Well I suppose both sides can insist on discussing it. ;)

> Further, while I haven't
>been closely reading all the messages, I've only seen one person
>saying that *all* p-killers are immature.  Most are saying that *some*
>p-killers are immature.

Is it theoretically possible that there are many more immature
anti-PKers than immature pro-PKers?
Is the inability to deal with or handle harassment, violence, or offensive
behavior without recourse to authority a sign of immaturity or stunted
emotional development?

--
J. Lambert

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu