[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Travis S. Casey efindel at io.com
Fri Sep 10 14:14:13 CEST 1999

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> From: Travis Casey <efindel at io.com>

> >> I agree.  Note by accepting this premise, further discussion of the topic
> >> can only be conducted by the immature.   Your annoyance is justified.
> >
> >How do you conclude that?  There's nothing that prevents people who
> >aren't p-killers from discussing p-killing.
>
> By inference proponents of non-consensual PvP in a discussion are
> also likely to be immature, exhibiting inferior emotional development,
> or, as has even been suggested on past threads, sociopathic.

I can accept that statement, but not the original -- "likely to be" is not
the same thing as "can only be."

> Is the inability to deal with or handle harassment, violence, or offensive
> behavior without recourse to authority a sign of immaturity or stunted
> emotional development?

It depends on the context -- in particular, on the degree of harassment or
violence, whether simply talking to the perpetrator will make him/her
stop, and the ability of the harassed/attacked to defend him/herself.
There is a whole scale of possible "harassment", ranging from someone who
repeatedly annoys another person just because they can all the way up to
stalking behavior.

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu