[MUD-Dev] An Introduction

Jeremy Jeremy
Tue Sep 14 23:04:08 CEST 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> > Ideas for a western mud that don't suck:
> >
> > You're under seige at the Alamo.
> >
> > You're laying seige to the Alamo.
> >
> > You're fighting off an indian invasion.
> >
> > You're fighting in an indian invasion.
>
> These all seem like temporary scenarios in a mud, not the basis for a mud.
> What happens once the indian invasion is over, or the siege to/of the
> Alamo is over?

This is one of my strangenesses I think.  I design areas kinda like acts
in a play, each one distinct and you can always go back for a second
showing.  :)  The style lends itself well to the HnS style mud that I run.

> > Classes?  Pinkerton Detective, Gunslinger, Marshall, Outlaw, etc.
> > Weapons?  six gun, bull whip, rifle, shotgun, etc.
>
> How would these classes be all THAT different though? They'd all need to
> know how to use guns, and really, their skills wouldn't be that much
> different. They'd all have to ride, shoot, and drink. Maybe the Pinkerton
> and Marshall classes wouldn't have to go out whoring *g*.

These are questions that would affect a HnS mud, but not a RP mud.
Pinkertons and Outlaws would be vastly different in a rp rich environment.

> > You will piss somebody off if you have indians, perhaps one of the reasons
> > it hasn't really been done.  The wild west just wasn't very politically
> > correct.
>
> Chuckle, imagine how pissed off the women will be when they find out that
> their only roles are either as a sharpshooter in a carnival (annie oakley
> style), a schoolmarm, a homemaker, or a whore!

To be realistic.

Sterling @ Wyld Knight

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu