[MUD-Dev] Attracting players

The MUD Connector - Administrator admin at mudconnector.com
Fri Sep 17 13:53:44 CEST 1999

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:49:19 -0500 Ralph Koster wrote:
>The problem is that our capacity to affect what's on Mud Connector is
>limited. We were already featured (as a Mud of the Month) and we  can't
>really review ourselves. We CAN constantly update our listing so that we
>are always in the "Updated Listings" section. That might have an impact.

I agree 100% with Ilya here... Some of the best reviews we have posted
are from the admins of the muds we list... Many of our players feel a
review like:

'This mud is great, you'll love it, stop by today'

is adequate and will have some impact on the mud they are promoting. Lets
face it, thats not going to attract anyone!

One of the goals for our review system (only added about 6 mths ago or
so) was so the mud admins could post more detailed descriptions of their
muds. We only allow so much space for mud descriptions in the listings
themselves, the review setup can be a nice complement to this when used.

-Andy

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu