[MUD-Dev] Attracting players // TMC // 'admin' type reviewing

Emil Eifrém <emil@windh.com> Emil Eifrém <emil@windh.com>
Fri Sep 17 21:54:44 CEST 1999

On Friday, September 17, 1999 9:21 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:
> FWLIW MUD-Dev membership has shown a recent spike as well.  Nothing
> huge, but we're heading for over 600 members pretty quickly.  More
> curiously, the hit counts on the MUD-Dev pages are down and still
> falling.

I used to use the web site a lot to search in the archives and navigate the
threads more easily. But the past few months (actually, make that during the
summer months, I haven't tried now for a while) the site's always been down
or unavailable. If the majority of the hits on the pages are from people
like myself who use the site as a compliment to the actual mailing list then
that may very well account for a substantial downfall. Other than that, I
dunno. Do you do any advertising? As I think of it, is many members on the
list a goal you have for MUD-Dev?

---
Emil Eifrem [emil at windh.net]
Java Developer, .windh AB