[MUD-Dev] Re: Tactical Interest

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Tue Sep 21 10:28:10 CEST 1999

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Spin wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 04:52:47PM -0700, Ilya, Game Commandos wrote:
>> This doesn't mean it would all be tradeoffs.  Some things would be just
>> plain better.  Take the mighty blade of irresistible cutting, blinding
>> speed, total weightlessness, and imperviousness to all magic.  It's
>> obviously way better than a common kitchen knife.
>
>   Well obviously its the better blade, but it won't beat David and his
> slingshot. Of course if the player has three arms and also carries the
> tremendous Nev-A-Reload bow of Gu-A-r-A-nteed De-A-th (where do people come
> up with these nomenclatures?), there could be trouble.

Okay, so then Bubba the mage arrives.  He's got the powerful spell of
reflection cast upon him (think of Vampire Hunter D).  David fires his
slingshot, Buffy swings her mighty blade of irresistable cutting, and
Boffo fires his bow of guaranteed death and all three of them fall over
dead as doornails.

Or one of my favorites, divine intervention:

Buffy swings her mighty blade of irresistable cutting and Biffy's throat!

Suddenly, there is a white flash, and the huge figure of Hern, the god of
peace, stands before you.

Hern catches Buffy's sword easily in one hand and disarms her.

Hern says, 'Biffy is a trusted follower of mine.  Any offense to her is
an offense to me.'

Hern breaks the mighty blade of irresistable cutting into several pieces.

There is a bright flash of light, and suddenly Hern is gone.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu