[MUD-Dev] Re: Tactical Interest

Spin spin at triode.net.au
Tue Sep 21 12:39:05 CEST 1999

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 04:52:47PM -0700, Ilya, Game Commandos wrote:
<snipped>
> Gotta love this topic -- this is also one of my favorites.  I'd offer a
> bit of expansion.  There should always be several factors to be considered,
> making for interesting trade-offs.  I would offer the clarification/amendment
> that there would indeed be a 'best' shield, or spell, or combat stance, or
> fighting maneuver given any particular situation.  And thus many bests in
> toto, one for each of those.

 Perhaps an even better clarification would be that there are actually
'best' combinations. In situation A, player B with shield W and stance V is
just as good as player C with shield Y and stance Z...

> This doesn't mean it would all be tradeoffs.  Some things would be just
> plain better.  Take the mighty blade of irresistible cutting, blinding speed,
> total weightlessness, and imperviousness to all magic.  It's obviously
> way better than a common kitchen knife.  Ya, ya, there is a trade off -- the

  Well obviously its the better blade, but it won't beat David and his
slingshot. Of course if the player has three arms and also carries the
tremendous Nev-A-Reload bow of Gu-A-r-A-nteed De-A-th (where do people come
up with these nomenclatures?), there could be trouble.

Cheers,
  Malcolm Valentine.
--
                                /\   /\