[MUD-Dev] Re: Dynamic muds

Alex Oren alexo at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 28 11:01:43 CEST 1999

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 02:50:32 -0700 (PDT), Katrina McClelan wrote:

} On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Marian Griffith wrote:
}=20
} > The idea I had cooked up would allow you to create
} > a single forest location and descriptions for fifty different trees =
that
} > are then  distributed over the forest area.  The obvious advantages  =
are
} > that you have to write less, and you can stand and walk anywhere in =
that
} > forest,  instead of moving on a chessboard.  Things like  line of =
sight,
} > ranged combat and hiding behind other objects become much easier =
sudden-
} > ly as well. It is somewhere on my website but I can not remember the
} > exact adress right now.

I am interested in how do people deal with (i.e. program) line of sight =
and
range of {sight, hearing, combat, etc.} issues in "roomless" MUDs.

Doesn't it get very computationally intensive?

Have fun,
Alex.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu