[MUD-Dev] The Player Wimping Guidebook

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 23:19:49 CEST 2000

On many muds it is the natural consequence of game database deflation caused
by not having any drains in your economy. Eventually, all the best equipment
has trickled down to newbies, and the whole game is a Monty Haul joke. On
the powergamer muds such as Renegade Outpost, I remember seeing playerwipes
every three months or so. And a few years back, it was common to advertise
your mud with "we've never needed to playerwipe."

-Raph