[MUD-Dev] Harry Potter stuff

Sat Aug 12 15:10:04 CEST 2000

[Timothy Dang <tdang at U.Arizona.EDU>:]

> Just working my way through a pile of neglected Wall Street Journals, and
> I found two articles about Harry Potter and computer games. July 31st
> there was an article about several web-based RPGs based on the books. It
> was neat to see that those games profiled in the article were all created
> and run by folks under 16 years old.
>
> www.expage.com/myhprpg
> www.expage.com/wizardrealm
> www.geocities.com/hogwarts3000
>
> There was another article today that Electronic Arts has acquired the
> rights to create games based on at least the first 4 books, including
> online games.
>
> So it does look like a popular universe for MUDs.

The Lego Company is also coming out with a line of sets based on the
upcoming first movie.

I think Ms. Rowling is doing rather well at this point!

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/