[MUD-Dev] Harry Potter stuff

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Sun Aug 13 07:08:29 CEST 2000

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Chris Gray wrote:

> [Timothy Dang <tdang at U.Arizona.EDU>:]
>
> > Just working my way through a pile of neglected Wall Street Journals, and
> > I found two articles about Harry Potter and computer games. July 31st
> > there was an article about several web-based RPGs based on the books. It
> > was neat to see that those games profiled in the article were all created
> > and run by folks under 16 years old.
> >
> > www.expage.com/myhprpg
> > www.expage.com/wizardrealm
> > www.geocities.com/hogwarts3000
> >
> > There was another article today that Electronic Arts has acquired the
> > rights to create games based on at least the first 4 books, including
> > online games.
> >
> > So it does look like a popular universe for MUDs.
>
> The Lego Company is also coming out with a line of sets based on the
> upcoming first movie.
>
> I think Ms. Rowling is doing rather well at this point!

Well enough that the NY Times created a children's books list specifically
to keep Harry Potter books from continuing to dominate the Fiction
bestsellers list. Pretty lame.

--matt

"He that is wounded in the testicles, or have his penis cut off, shall not
enter into the congregation of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:1