[MUD-Dev] Player-admins, was wimping/wiping and the big blind spot

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Aug 16 19:56:16 CEST 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, rayzam wrote:

> [...]

Well, look at my example about fighting. I don't think that simply testing
ability/spell/item vs. ability/spell/item really shows you all that much,
because it isn't tested in the context of being a player. I can go out and
test class A against class B, but I'm going to do it by giving myself all
the skills and abilities in that class and all the relevant equipment.
When I use up limited-quantity things in the testing process, I don't
mind. I'm not going to hold anything back, because I can replace anything
that is destroyed, stolen, etc. This doesn't tell you what it's like to be
a player. I agree that you CAN test quantifiable things (and it's good to
do so) but I think that it rarely, if ever, gives you enough information
to make a decision on something.

--matt
"He that is wounded in the testicles, or have his penis cut off, shall not
enter into the congregation of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:1