[MUD-Dev] Object Representations?

Patrick Dughi dughi at imaxx.net
Tue Aug 22 13:13:07 CEST 2000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Lazarus wrote:

> KevinL <darius at bofh.net.au> said:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > So, I'm at the stage with Moebius where I'm getting rather unhappy with
> just
> > shoveling text around.  We've just recently added multiple IO module
> > support, and a fairly trivial little XML-RPCish io module, so that
> client's
> > can call methods direct on the server's objects (and vice versa, which
> opens
> > the door for things like a "renderHTML" method to render a form for
> logging
> > in... but I digress ;).
> >

> ... lots of good stuff snipped

> May I suggest you take a look at MXP?  Zugg has created a Mud eXtenson
> Protocol to allow you to indicate specific parts of text of interest as well
> as provide multi-media objects.  Docs can probably be found at
> http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/mxp.htm

	Ack. I would most certainly _not_ look at MXP.

	I won't list the old arguments, but I'll point you at two posts on
the circlemud mailing list;

http://post.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/listserv/wa?A2=ind0007&L=circle&P=R7969

and my reply to a holdout who 'didn't get it'

http://post.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/listserv/wa?A2=ind0007&L=circle&P=R28378

				PjD