[MUD-Dev] Reputation & Trust Circles [was UO rants]

Milne Milne
Wed Aug 23 20:30:35 CEST 2000

Joe Andrieu wrote

> Has anyone considered thinking about this in terms of trust circles
> rather than as a global collective decision?

Unless I'm missing the point (hehe, likely) wouldn't you still need to
attach a global good/bad rating to each action, and then set the good/bad
rating of each trust circle to determine how they'd react to seeing a given
action?  You're in the same situation as before, needing to arbitrate about
how good or bad everything is.  All you've achieved is that now you have
different mobs reacting to your actions in different ways.

~milne/alistair/
/EA Spurts/ps2_programmer/