[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Aug 23 23:07:08 CEST 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, msew wrote:
> If everyone can go and slaughter a group of people and become very
evil
> then you have a bunch of people that are all about the same level of
> "evilness". No one is very evil.
>
> If you are going to have a global scale it should be exponential on both ends.
>

> if i want to become EVVEEEIIILLLLL one needs to spend years and years of
> doing massively evil things to become a respected figure in the evil
> community. Just the same as the "good" person has to do.

No you don't. To become a _respected_ figure you might, but to become
evil, you don't. If I went out and raped a bunch of 8 year olds right now
and then gave myself up to the police saying, 'I don't regret a minute of
it.' I bet by the time people had read about it in tomorrow morning's
paper I'd be considered evil.

The thing is, evil and good are not two sides in a football match. Good
people do not have to like and respect each other, and neither do evil
people. Stalin and Hitler were contemporaries who most on this list
probably consider evil, but they certainly did not get along.

--matt
"He that is wounded in the testicles, or have his penis cut off, shall not
enter into the congregation of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:1