[MUD-Dev] UO rants

John Buehler johnbue at email.msn.com
Thu Aug 24 12:38:13 CEST 2000

> Vincent Archer
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 3:51 AM

> According to John Buehler:
> > In real life, when you die, you don't come back.  Put THAT into the game
> > and see how many people flock to your game that permits PvP.  There's a
> > bit of the real world 'moral code'.
>
> Unfortunately, you cannot put that in the game (I assume you're not
> playing in Saberhagen's Octagon :). Even closing an account in a
> commercial game means the stereotypical well-off adolescent opens a
> new account, and gets to strike again.

It was not my intention to use this as a mechanism to deal with spoiler
players.  Spoiler players requires some form of player identification.
The only one that comes to mind is the credit identity of the player.
This would mean that all children playing off the same parent's credit
cards would be blocked if blocking was necessary.  I suppose there are
legal reasons why credit identities cannot be used for this.

JB