[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Chris Lloyd crl199 at soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 26 00:26:35 CEST 2000

[Snipped]

                                     Nothing, in my opinion, is superior
> > to players making their own judgements about each other, free from
> > interference from an artificial ethical 'scoring' system.
>
> But should a reputation system be based on players' judgements about other
> players, or about characters' judgements about other characters?

Why not? A player's opinions and morals are not (lets be honest) too
different to their RL ones. If a character contributes to his clan/race in
some way, then yes, he will be popular. This is an honest picture of how
people see him. If that player also happens to be feeding information to an
enemy clan in secret, who is to know? His trustworthiness, as far as his own
clan is concerned, is unchanged until someone finds out.

C.