[MUD-Dev] PK vs. PvP (was: UO rants)

Matt Chatterley chattemp at ee.port.ac.uk
Sat Aug 26 17:08:23 CEST 2000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Vincent Archer wrote:

> According to Matthew Mihaly:
> > I haven't played Darktide, but I believe it. PvP brings out the best in
> > players. It forces them to dig deep, because they aren't competing against
> > some half-assed AI, but against other people who are as smart or smarter
> > than they are.
>
> It also brings out the worst. I don't know how it finished, but one PK
> guild took control of a city, and asked cash to allow you in.
>
> Not pyreals. Money order, bills or personal check "and we wait till it
> clears".

This is an administration issue for that particular game, though, I would
say. Or rather, an AA (A*****e Attack). Its a particularly extreme
example, and one that could surely be dealt with quite quickly once
reported to the game heads - its in no way a reason that PvP is bad.

-- Matt Chatterley
".. You live for the fight, when its all that you've got .."
		Jon Bon Jovi; Livin' on a Prayer, as always.