[MUD-Dev] PK vs. PvP (was: UO rants)

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Sun Aug 27 11:58:53 CEST 2000

According to Matt Chatterley:
> This is an administration issue for that particular game, though, I would
> say. Or rather, an AA (A*****e Attack). Its a particularly extreme
> example, and one that could surely be dealt with quite quickly once
> reported to the game heads - its in no way a reason that PvP is bad.

I wasn't specifically implying PvP is bad in itself. I was replying to
the assertion "PvP brings out the best in people" by showing it also
brings out the worst possible behaviours.

There's also anothe assertion in the same post I didn't reply to, it
was that PvP was rewarding because "it puts you against people that
are as smart or smarter than you are".

As many people know, the smarts of the typical player in a game world
is inversely proportional to the player base size... :)

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)