[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Kristen L. Koster koster at eden.com
Sun Aug 27 18:47:32 CEST 2000

On 8/27/2000 4:22 PM, Matthew Mihaly at the_logos at achaea.com wrote:
> Oh well. We lame(sic) little text developers will have to rely on you to
> remind the graphical world that reinventing the wheel is not impressive.
> --matt

I'd also say it takes reminding not the graphical developers, but the
corporate executives and producers of the graphical world, many of whom are
too clueless about what they're managing to trust their developers and fear
losing out on a dollar or two. Why risk innovation when you can sell the
same mousetrap packaged differently?

And no, I really don't miss Mondays being "Reinvent the Wheel Day of Meeting
Hell" of the corporate development world.

-Kristen Koster
Kaige @ LegendMUD
Former Designer on UO ('95 -'97)