[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 10:44:06 CEST 2000

Dave Rickey writes:

>Since PvE is how you get levels, a team that lost the ability to
>level up to max would be at an obvious disadvantage.
	It depends of the difference between "max you can get to
taking risks" and "max you can get to without taking risks". Is
your game designed such that people who have maxed out are next
to invincible compared to people who haven't? If so, I guess you'd
have to let people plod their way to max, then.

	I wasn't commenting on the balance between teams, by the
way - your observations about players wanting to be on the winning
side and so on are accurate. I don't see that any of this implies
that players must be able to max out without risking their
personae, though.

		Richard