[MUD-Dev] Holidays

Chris Lloyd crl199 at soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 20:12:50 CEST 2000

Hrmm... I think that in a world where RP is standard, having OOC holidays is
a little pointless. The integration of OOC holidays with the game world
would be much better. (I think partly the humour of having "Big troll in Red
Suit Giving Stuff Away Day" would help). Don't underestimate IC holidays,
though. If I wanted a celebration of some sort in my world (for no real
reason, maybe I am just bored), all I need is an incentive. To announce that
next month will be the Festival of Bubba, and promised free drinks, food,
competitions and gifts to people who joined in, I'm pretty sure the players
would make an effort to celebrate!

C.