[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Tue Dec 12 11:07:49 CET 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Tew <rmtew at wiredgroup.com>

Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up.  You give the new "owner" the account name
and password, they change the billing info, and you don't say anything
to anyone.  Verant's official policy is that the license represented
by the account cannot be transferred, and there has been at least one
case where an account was "sold" on eBay, played by the buyer for
several months, and then the original "owner" got Verant to reset the
password and billing info.  Accounts cannot be sold, therefore the
account always belongs to the original registered user, So Sayeth The
EULA.

--Dave Rickey