[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Zak Jarvis zak at voidmonster.com
Wed Dec 13 02:16:47 CET 2000

Agreed wholeheartedly. Meridian 59 works pretty well to illustrate
your point, since EQ is a pretty direct descendant from that
tradition. The technological parallels between Doom and M59 and
between EQ and Quake are really pretty good.

However I gotta wave the Habitat/Club Caribe sign here too, since it
predated stuff like Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Yserbius or Isle of
Drakkar.

And I think a case could actually be made for including Air Warrior
and Cyberstrike in the list too.

"Enoch begat Uruk begat Nineveh begat Babylon begat Sodom begat
Jericho begat Cairo..."
-Bastard Sons of Enoch, Shriekback

-Zak Jarvis
 http://www.voidmonster.com