[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Dec 13 16:13:01 CET 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Brian 'Psychochild' Green wrote:

> "McQuaid, Brad" wrote:
>
> > As for problems or design flaws in EQ, there are of course many.
> > I'm pretty proud of it in the context of first generation MMORPGs,
> > but looking at it with long term vision, it certainly falls short in
> > many ways.  But MMORPGs evolve, and its deficiencies are being
> > addressed (or have been with recent patches).
>
> As much as people may overlook them, games like Neverwinter Nights,
> Legends (Islands) of Kesmai, Dark Sun Online, and Meridian 59 did
> exist quite a bit before the current "big three" commercial graphical
> MUDs rose to fame.

I tend to refer to Neverwinter Nights, etc as version .9 of the
graphical mud, with UO, EQ, and AC being release 1.0.

--matt

And some wisdom from our little Communist friend down south:
"No matter who wins in America, it will make no difference. He will just
be the 10th President of the United States who will retire without being
able to bring Cuba to its knees." -- Fidel Castro