[MUD-Dev] IO Speed Suggestions

Christopher Kohnert cjkohner at brain.uccs.edu
Tue Feb 8 11:53:34 CET 2000

I'm looking for any suggestions on how to speed up IO for the socket
backend of the engine I'm working with.  I'm forced into a polling
situation and would like to see if anyone has any ideas for speeding up
the task.  Namely I've considered things like queing up all outgoing
data and sending it all at once to sockets that are ready for writing,
but is this advantageous at all over just sending data right away if the
socket is already ready for writing... things like that? Any suggestions
welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu