[MUD-Dev] voice vs. text

John Bertoglio jb at pulsepoll.com
Sun Feb 20 16:58:53 CET 2000

> Matthew Mihaly
> Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 11:44 AM

<<much cut>>

>I don't know that much about the
> technology, but it seems to me that the client could have some sort of
> capacity to alter the sound of your voice, no?

In the early renditions this will be an included "feature" because of the
low quality of sound. But it will quickly get better. Bear in mind that a
6-8k bandwidth is all that is required for voice quality sound. My son would
happily give up 8k of our 768k pipe to be able to talk to his teammates in
Counterstrike. Being digital, it would be easy to make everyone sound like
James Earl Jones with preprocessing done by the client.

jb

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu