[MUD-Dev] chil at gate.net

Joel Kelso joel at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 29 08:25:20 CET 2000

Bobby Bailey wrote:

> I am searching high and low for a space-based trading game, similar to
> Privateer, an offshoot of the Wing Commander series of games.
>
> Basically, the type of things I am looking for is a a space system, with
> various planets/outposts/whatever within that system where you can
> purchase a ship (small at first) and do cargo runs between planets, or
> mercenary type work, etc. Buy commodity X on PlanetA for 40, sell it on
> PlanetB for 70, make a profit, earn money to upgrade your ship systems or
> buy new ships, etc.

I know its _not_ exactly what you're looking for, but check out
Starlane:

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel/starlane/

and the my current test game:

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel/starlane/Arcturus/

Its not a space-trading game, its more an empire-building game, but
there
is a strong commerce element since players buy and sell units amongst
themselves.  The news entries will give you a flavor of the game; most
of
the interesting negotiations and deals happen via email.

Cheers,

Joel Kelso

Brook: (reading web site) ... Microsoft SKD 1.2.4 ...
Bruce: I wouldn't touch that with a barge-pole.
Brook: ... comes with free barge-pole ...
-- http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel -----------------

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu