[MUD-Dev] Thoughts about smarter Sims

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 10:46:13 CEST 2000

Wouldn't a rule like this be more generically applicable if it weren't tied
to rats and cats? Why not use "predator" which is a definition dependent on
the mobile with the rule, based on more abstracted qualities, such as eating
meat which is what the rat is made of, the size of the rat (since some
predators will judge it too big and others too small), and so on?

A lot of the goals in your post (and approaches too, actually) are very
similar to stuff that Kristen and I were working on before we were hired for
Origin, for a new mud we were going to start developing after we felt we'd
hit limits with LegendMUD. Some aspects but not others then made it into
UO...

-Raph