[MUD-Dev] Narratology and its application to VR, multi-player games, and the like

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Jun 3 17:23:19 CEST 2000

Update:

Marie-Laure has sent me a sample chapter from her upcoming book on
narrativity in interactive environments.  Its a good read, and makes
many of the same observations and conclusions we have.  Its good to
see them restated in formal language.  I don't see that she's really
confronted the aspects of narrativity in purely dynamic systems yet
(don't know that anybody has), so we may be able to provide her with
some chewy material in our own right.

Given that the chapter it is intended for commercial publication,
I'll check with her on redistribution and most likely collect an
interested parties list and then send it to that smaller audience
only.  Will see.  (I'm in the middle of drafting a note to her on
this)

Then again, if we could get her on the list...

=--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu