Hidden identities. (was [MUD-Dev] (no subject))

Thu Jun 8 00:53:05 CEST 2000

J C Lawrence wrote:
[quote from ./ "player":]
>      You're not often going to get the chance to do it in real
>      life, I'd wager. I mean.. if you're truly pious and good
>      you'll stick up for what's right. You'll probably get the shit
>      kicked out of you a number of times too. As much as we'd like
>      to be truly honorable all the time, we also have this thing
>      about saving our own asses sometimes.

Of course, an honourable player may have a secret dishonourable
character... Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is a very neat concept, I think.

(I believe it is common, but some statistics on the phenomena would be
interesting.)

I also wonder if one could conceive a system in which you were forced to
play one good and one evil character and would need to make sure that
nobody else found out that you controlled both (which could be achieved
by enabling other people to permakill you if they find out).  I think
this could provide a lot of dramatic tension... Especially if you made
some aspects of the characters codependant (i.e. to cast a powerful
spell they would have to stay close to eachother.)

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/